The Student Research Award is awarded to a pharmacy student for a published paper that describes a completed research project related to medication use completed during the student’s first through fourth professional years in a college/school of pharmacy.
Full Application Instructions and Program Details
The recipient of this award receives a $1,500 honorarium, a $1,000 expense allowance to attend the ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting for the award ceremony, and a plaque.
Nomination and Submission Process
The ASHP Foundation promotes this program and solicits nominations and self-nominations through our communication channels and specifically from ASHP component groups (e.g., sections, advisory groups), the editors of AJHP
, and deans of schools/colleges of pharmacy. ASHP members and affiliated state societies may also nominate candidates for this award. Authors may nominate themselves as well.
Submission for this program is initiated by either:
- Nomination: a recommendation from your peers submitted through an online survey or,
- Self-nomination through the online application system
An application must be submitted in order for the panel to consider an individual for the award, irrespective of the initial nomination.
this Award, the applicant must be a pharmacist. The applicant must be
either the first or second author listed on the nominated article. To be
eligible for this award, the applicant must have participated in each
of the following:
• The author must be a pharmacist;
• The applicant must be either the first, corresponding, or senior author listed on the nominated article; and
• The applicant must have participated in each of the following:
To be eligible for this award, the applicant must meet all three of these conditions.
- Substantial contributions to conception and design, or acquisition of data, or analysis and interpretation of data; and
- Drafting the article or revising it critically for important intellectual content; and
- Final approval of the version to be published
Articles submitted for the Student Research Award must have been published between January 1, 2016, and May 31, 2017.
The ASHP Foundation reserves the right to change the categorization for submitted articles at the discretion of ASHP Foundation staff and external reviewers. For example, an article submitted for the Award for Innovation in Pharmacy Practice category could be re-classified to the Pharmacy Practice Research Award category.
Complete applications will be reviewed by members of a review panel appointed by the ASHP Foundation Board of Directors.
The recipient of the award will be notified after the review is completed, and a public announcement will be made prior to the ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting. Awards are formally presented during the Literature Awards Breakfast at the ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting.
Learn more about awardees chosen this year and from previous years.