Joseph A. Oddis Ethics Colloquium
Supported by the Oddis Endowment's Marvin Samson Fund
The Joseph A. Oddis Ethics Colloquium was established by the ASHP Foundation to pay tribute to one of pharmacy's most distinguished leaders and will assist health-system pharmacists in confronting ethical challenges in pharmacy practice and patient care.
The colloquium is offered periodically in conjunction with the ASHP Summer Meetings. Details will soon be available about the 2016 colloquium.
Web-Based Ethics Educational Program
Contemporary Challenges to Pharmacist Ethics and Professional Autonomy: Global Perspectives
To access the program, click here.
This webinar draws on a recent report about pharmacist ethics and autonomy issued by he International Pharmaceutical Federation. At the conclusion of this session, participants will be able to:
1. Discuss the major principles of professional ethics.
2. Identify four broad categories of contemporary ethical challenges facing health-system pharmacists.
3. Discuss how professional autonomy is relevant to pharmacy ethics.
4. Describe steps that individual pharmacists can take to maintain their professional integrity.
- Betty Chaar, Ph.D., Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Sydney, Australia
- William A. Zellmer, B.S.Pharm., M.P.H., Pharmacy Consultant