Pharmacy Practice Advancement Demonstration Grant
Application Cycle Opens: July 25, 2016
Letter of Intent Deadline: October 12, 2016
Program Details and Instructions
The ASHP Research and Education Foundation (ASHP Foundation) is offering a research grant program to support demonstration projects related to practice advancement, consistent with the ASHP/ASHP Foundation Practice Advancement Initiative (PAI) and Ambulatory PAI. The overarching goal of the PAI is to increase pharmacist leadership on patient care teams as the professional who is responsible and accountable for patients’ medication-related outcomes while delegating all medication distribution functions that do not require clinical judgment to qualified pharmacy technicians and technology.
The proposed practice-based research must be consistent with:
• The vision, mission and strategic priorities of the ASHP Foundation
• The PAI is driven by a set of assumptions, beliefs and recommendations from the 2010 Pharmacy Practice Model Initiative Summit and the 2014 Ambulatory Care Conference and Summit.
The proposed practice-based research must be aligned with:
• The vision, mission and critical issues of the ASHP Foundation;
• The set of assumptions, beliefs and recommendations for advancing pharmacy practice from the November 2010 ASHP/ASHP Foundation Pharmacy Practice Model Initiative (PPMI) Summit or the recommendations from the March 2014 ASHP Ambulatory Care Conference & Summit.
Up to two $75,000 grants will be awarded. Grants will be awarded to provide funding for specific practice-based research related to advancing pharmacy practice models and are not intended for long-term support of research programs. Facilities and administrative cost rates that do not exceed 8% of the total requested budget are allowed.
Timeline for the 2016-2017 Program Offering
• Submission materials available: July 25, 2016
• Letter of Intent deadline: October 12, 2016
• Full application available: Fall 2016
• Full application deadline: February 6, 2017
• Grantees announced: April 2017
Applications must be submitted through the electronic application system. Full eligibility requirements and application procedures will be included in the application instructions.
Complete an online application
• Watch the recording of the "How to Submit a Successful Application" Webinar
Learn more about grants funded in this year and in previous years.