Pharmacy Leadership Academy: Shaping Future Leaders
The 2014 application cycle is now closed. Please check back for information about the next program offering or sign up for the ASHP Foundation Enews for the latest information.
For the past 6 years, the Academy has had a major influence on 440 pharmacist leaders who have entered the program to hone their leadership skills and advance patient-centered pharmaceutical care.
The Academy offers a unique opportunity because it:
• Is a proven method that helps you become a better leader and prepares you for a rewarding role in pharmacy leadership.
• Provides you with a nontraditional pathway to a graduate degree, saving time and money.
• Increases your influence and control over your professional pathway.
Improve Patient Care
The Academy plays a role in improving patient care and outcomes because:
• Good leadership skills in the pharmacy department help ensure improved or excellent patient care and outcomes.
• Health systems need pharmacy leaders who will engage at the executive level to affect quality patient outcomes and financial survival for the organization.
• Leadership skills and adeptness are needed at all levels within the pharmacy staff to advance and transform practice.
Program Description and Modules
The Academy is a series of seven modules–each led by an expert, experienced, highly qualified faculty team–offered on a range of critical topics, incorporating self-learning and reading, presentations and case-based interactive components. Being an Academy participant will stimulate your leadership skills advancement through active engagement with your classmates and faculty, with an overriding aim to benefit patient care through enhanced leadership skill at every level of a health care organization.
The Academy provides exceptional opportunities to network and interact with classmates and faculty. Additionally, the Academy is recognized by colleges and universities as a graduate-level-worthy program, eligible for consideration of waiver of graduate credit hours towards a master's degree. (Read more about Graduate Program Opportunities.)
The 2014 Academy will start on July 12, 2014, and end June 19, 2015. The modules will run back to back except for a holiday break from November 16, 2014, to January 2, 2015. See the course schedule.
The 2013 module syllabi are provided below. Each syllabus contains the course description, faculty members' bios, reading list for the course, activities that you will be responsible for to complete the module as well as grading and other administrative information. Each module is 6 weeks:
• Leading the Pharmacy Enterprise: Building the Business of Pharmacy
• Leadership Influence: Maximizing Yours & Developing Others
• Leading Effective Financial Management
• Leading Transformational Change and Innovation
• Leading for System Reliability in Safety and Quality
• Leading Technology Advancement & Systems Design
• Leading the Pharmacy Enterprise for Organizational Success
Participants who successfully complete all seven modules will receive a certificate of completion within 60 days following the end of the program.
Registration Fee Structure
To see a chart detailing the 2014 registration fee structure, please click here.
More Information About the Academy
• What participants are saying about the Academy
• Continuing Education Credit
If you are an Academy alum, please visit the Alumni Corner to connect with your Academy colleagues.