leadersINNOVATION Master Series
Supported in part by a grant from Apexus.
The leadersINNOVATION courses are designed to focus on the critical thinking, skills building and expanded capability needed to be a more effective change leader, regardless of your role in the organization. They offer a concentrated, timely and proven learning option to hone your skills for change. Through an online course structure, each 6-week course will help you meet today’s challenges and shape tomorrow’s health care environment.
Both courses will be offered back-to-back. Participants can still register for course 2
, although Course 1 registration is now closed. In order to receive the discount, you must have registered for both courses prior to the deadline for Course 1.
|2016 Course #2
Designing Transformational Change: Strategy and Tactics
Course Period: October 1 – November 11, 2016
Faculty Members: Ronald H. Small, B.S.Pharm., M.B.A., Sc.D., and Michael J. Melby, M.S., FASHP
Continuing education credit
Review the syllabus here
- Analyze and apply how a leader's personal integrity, professional ethics and values impact leadership success.
- Apply a positive leadership attitude to enhanced influence within the pharmacy enterprise and throughout the organization.
- Create a personal leadership vision and mission focused on transforming practice.
- Create and apply pharmacy practice strategies to mitigate a range of change drivers and incentives for transformation.
- Develop fluency in a transition model from short-term performance improvement to sustained, organization-wide care improvement.
- Build an organizational capacity and individual capability for
innovation and creativity for transactional and transformative change,
as well as the requisite transformative learning essential to results.
|2016 Course #1
Perfecting Transformational Leadership Skills
Course Period: August 20 – September 30, 2016
Faculty Members: Sharon Murphy Enright, B.S.Pharm., M.B.A., and Sara J. White, M.S., FASHP
Continuing education credit (coming soon)
- Define and apply critical characteristics of a culture for transformation assessing strengths, weaknesses and potential change strategies for your enterprise.
- Apply critical principles of effective influence, advocacy and negotiation to common leadership situations for increased personal effectiveness.
- Hone skills and plan for getting things done when you are not in charge.
- Recommend how to apply talent management to developing people through coaching and delegating.
- Explain and apply effective verbal one-on-one leadership communication skills.
- Analyze how to achieve individual and team ownership, engagement and effectiveness.
Review the syllabus here.
| Rate Type
| Single Course
| Both Courses
| Member Rate
| Non-Member Rate
• 2015 Class Roster
• 2014 Class Roster
• 2013 Class Roster
|Frequently Asked Questions