Pharmacy Residency Expansion Grant Program
Applications Available Now: Complete a PGY1 grant application or a PGY2 grant application
Supported by an educational donation provided by Amgen, Inc., ASHP Foundation corporate sponsors, and gifts made in memory of Janet Teeters
New Supplemental Funds Requirement
: The ASHP Foundation will award $25,000 grants, for which institutions applying for the grant must agree to secure supplemental funds to offer a new or expanded residency position.
Residency sites who have received this grant within the last 5 years are not eligible to apply for the 2017-2018 program.
The overarching goal of the ASHP Foundation Pharmacy Residency Expansion Grant Program is to expand the number of ASHP-accredited PGY1 and PGY2 pharmacy residency positions for the 2017-2018 training year.
Below are a few key items of eligibility. For the full Eligibility Criteria, please see the applications (click on the links at the top of this web page).
- This funding opportunity is available for PGY1 and PGY2 pharmacy residency training. Those that fall under the residency categories of Community or Managed Care not eligible for funding under this program.
- Grants are available for the 2017-2018 program year only.
- Positions funded by the ASHP Foundation must be included in the ASHP Resident Matching Program.
- It is not the intent of this program to fund existing positions.
- Funding is limited to:
- ASHP-accredited PGY1 and PGY2 pharmacy residency programs
- PGY1 pharmacy residency programs with ASHP Candidate Status
- PGY1 pharmacy residency programs with ASHP Pre-Candidate Status
- PGY1 pharmacy residency programs with Preliminary Accreditation Status that are in the ASHP accreditation process prior to December 31, 2016.
- Application deadline – January 6, 2017
- Payment of recipients – June 2017
• 2016 Grant Recipients
• 2015 Grant Recipients
• 2014 Grant Recipients
• 2013 Grant Recipients
• 2012 Grant Recipients
• 2011 Grant Recipients