Pharmacy Residency Expansion Grant Program
Advancing Pharmacy Practice Through Residency Training
Supported by an educational donation provided by Amgen, Inc., ASHP Foundation corporate sponsors, and gifts made in memory of Janet Teeters
Application Deadline: January 8, 2016
Apply Now: PGY1 Application
Apply Now: PGY2 Application
New Supplemental Funds Requirement: ASHP Foundation will award $25,000 grants, for which institutions applying for the grant must agree to secure supplemental funds to offer a new or expanded residency position.
Residency sites who have received this grant within the last 5 years are not eligible to apply for the 2016-2017 program.
The overarching goal of the ASHP Foundation Pharmacy Residency Expansion Grant Program is to expand the number of ASHP-accredited PGY1 and PGY2 pharmacy residency positions for the 2016-2017 training year.
Below are a few key items of eligibility. For the full Eligibility Criteria, please see the PGY1 Application Instructions or PGY2 Application Instructions.
- This funding opportunity is available for PGY1 and PGY2 pharmacy residency training. Those that fall under the residency categories of Community or Managed Care not eligible for funding under this program.
- Grants are available for the 2016-2017 program year only.
- Positions funded by the ASHP Foundation must be included in the ASHP Resident Matching Program.
- It is not the intent of this program to fund existing positions.
- Funding is limited to:
- ASHP-accredited PGY1 pharmacy residency programs
- PGY1 pharmacy residency programs with ASHP Candidate Status
- PGY1 pharmacy residency programs with ASHP Pre-Candidate Status
- PGY1 pharmacy residency programs with Preliminary Accreditation Status that are in the ASHP accreditation process prior to December 31, 2015.
- Applications available – October 9, 2015
- Application deadline – January 8, 2016
- Recipients announced – February 28, 2016
- Rank Order List Deadline – March 4, 2016 (2016 ASHP Resident Match Program)
- Payment of Recipients – June 2016
Each year, the ASHP Foundation holds a benefit dinner to support the Pharmacy Residency Expansion Grant Program. Many generous corporations participate in this dinner. To see a list of these sponsors, click here.
If you couldn't attend the benefit dinner this year, you can still hear the wonderful accounts of pharmacy residents who have benefited from this program. Watch our YouTube videos of keynote speakers Yvonne Duong, Pharm.D., a PGY1 pharmacy resident at Rush University Medical Center in Chicago, IL, and Kelly Fritz, Pharm.D., a PGY2 Hematology/Oncology pharmacy resident at Huntsman Cancer Institute in Salt Lake City, UT.
• 2015 Grant Recipients
• 2014 Grant Recipients
• 2013 Grant Recipients
• 2012 Grant Recipients
• 2011 Grant Recipients