Pharmacy Resident Practice-Based Research Grant
The 2016 application cycle is now closed. Please check back for information about the next program offering or sign up for the ASHP Foundation Enews for the latest information.
The ASHP Research and Education Foundation (ASHP Foundation) is offering a research grant program that will support practice-based research, conducted by residents in ASHP-accredited pharmacy residency programs or by residents in pharmacy residency programs that have submitted an application for ASHP accreditation. The primary goal of the program is to support quality research to advance pharmacy practice. A secondary goal is to develop new investigators’ research skills while fostering development of mentoring relationships with more experienced senior investigators.
Submission of studies that evaluate the pharmacy practice models in
hospitals, health systems and other ambulatory settings–such as the
utilization of technology, role delineation changes for the pharmacists
and non-pharmacists, improving innovative patient care opportunities for
pharmacists, or evaluating outcomes–is invited. Clinical studies,
including pharmacokinetics research and medication effectiveness studies
are not supported through this program.
The proposed practice-based research must be aligned with:
• The vision, mission and critical issues of the ASHP Foundation;
• The set of assumptions, beliefs and recommendations for advancing pharmacy practice from the November 2010 ASHP/ASHP Foundation Pharmacy Practice Model Initiative Summit or the recommendations from the March 2014 ASHP Ambulatory Conference and Summit.
Up to six $5,000 grants will be awarded. Grants will be awarded to pharmacy residents to provide funding for specific practice-based research related to advancing pharmacy practice models and are not intended for long-term support of research programs. Facilities and administrative cost rates that do not exceed 8 percent of the total requested budget are allowed.
Timeline for the 2016-2017 Program Offering
• Applications available: August 1, 2016
• Application deadline: October 10, 2016
• Grantees announced: December 2016
Applications must be submitted through the electronic application system. Full eligibility requirements and application procedures will be included in the application instructions.
• Program Details and Instructions
• Watch the recording of the "How to Submit a Successful Application" webinar
• Refer to "Research Tips for New Investigators"
• Watch the webinar series "Essentials of Practice-Based Research for Pharmacists"
Learn more about grants funded in this year and in previous years