Supported by the David A. Zilz Leaders for the Future Fund and the Sara J. White Leadership Fund
The request cycle for 2015-2016 is now closed. Please check back in June 2016 for information on the next request cycle or sign up for the ASHP Foundation Enews to receive the latest information.
What is the Visiting Leaders Program?
This program was created specifically to give pharmacy residents a valuable opportunity for leadership skill building through personal interactions with a prominent health-system leader. The program brings a distinguished health-system pharmacy leader to the residents’ institution for up to a 2-day period to engage with the residents and explore leadership topics matching their specific leadership interests. Residents will be challenged to lead, to develop a career plan and to learn how to be successful in today’s complex pharmacy and healthcare environment.
The Visiting Leaders Program supports the travel and expenses of the visiting leader only. The host institution is responsible for any local expenses associated with the visit (for example, lunch and/or dinner for residents). We highly encourage host institutions to invite other residents from the area to attend a portion of the program.
View a sample Visiting Leaders agenda here.
Who Are the Visiting Leaders?
A cadre of health-system pharmacy leaders’ most recognized names is the core component of the program. Each member has in his or her own right built a career of health-system pharmacy excellence and brings an exceptional level of leadership expertise to the table. Click on the leaders’ names below to learn more about each one.
Visiting Leaders and Biographies
• Daniel M. Ashby, M.S., FASHP
• Charles E. Daniels, R.Ph., Ph.D., FASHP
• Harold N. Godwin, M.S., FASHP, FAPhA
• Dennis K. Helling, Pharm.D., Sc.D. (Hon.), FCCP, FASHP, FAPhA
• Mick Hunt, M.S., M.B.A., FASHP
• Marianne F. Ivey, Pharm.D., M.P.H., FASHP
• Ray R. Maddox, B.S., Pharm.D., FASHP
• Henri R. Manasse Jr., Ph.D., Sc.D.(Hon.), FFIP
• Philip J. Schneider, M.S., FASHP
• Rita Shane, Pharm.D., FASHP, FCSHP
• William E. Smith, Pharm.D., M.P.H., Ph.D., FASHP
• Thomas S. Thielke, B.S.Pharm., M.S., FASHP
• Sara J White, M.S., FASHP
• Billy Woodward, B.S.Pharm.
• William A. Zellmer, B.S.Pharm., M.P.H.
• David A. Zilz, M.S.
How to Request a Visit
Request a visiting leader by completing an online request form when available for the 2016-2017 cycle. (Please be aware that the host site will be asked to enter details about the residency program and any other local/regional residency programs that might be invited to participate in the requested visit.)
Host Site Guide
For guidance on hosting a Visiting Leader, please refer to the Visiting Leader Host Guide for outlines and suggestions for a successful event.
Past Site Visits and Site Visit Photos
• 2015-2016 Host Sites
• 2014-2015 Host Sites and Site Visit Photos
• 2013 Site Visits and Site Visit Photos
• 2012 Visiting Leaders Site Visits and Site Visit Photos
Questions about this program should be referred to Ashley Savage, Program Coordinator, at email@example.com or 301-664-8819.