Master's Resident Practice-Based Research Grant
The 2016-2017 application cycle is now closed. Please check back for information about the next program offering or sign up for the ASHP Foundation Enews for the latest information.
The ASHP Foundation is offering a research grant program to support practice-based research related to the ASHP/ASHP Foundation Practice Advancement (PAI) and conducted by residents in ASHP, accredited pharmacy residency programs or by residents in pharmacy residency programs that have submitted an application for ASHP accreditation. The programs combine completion of the residency and a master's degree. The program also aims to develop pharmacy residents’ research skills while fostering the development of mentoring relationships with more experienced senior investigators.
The proposed research must focus on the advancement of pharmacy practice and be conducted by a pharmacy resident in an ASHP-accredited residency program or a program that has applied for ASHP residency accreditation.
The proposed practice-based research must be aligned with:
• The vision, mission and strategic priorities of the ASHP Foundation
• The set of assumptions, beliefs and recommendations for advancing pharmacy practice from the 2010 and 2014 ASHP/ASHP Foundation Pharmacy Practice Model Initiative (PPMI) Summits.
Up to five (5) $5,000 grants will be awarded. Grants will be awarded to pharmacy residents to provide funding for specific practice-based research related to advancing pharmacy practice models and are not intended for long-term support of research programs. Facilities and administrative cost rates that do not exceed 8 percent of the total requested budget are allowed.
Proposed Timeline for the 2016-2017 Offering
• Applications Available: October 4, 2016
• Application Deadline: January 18, 2017
• Grantees Announced: March 2017
Please submit applications using the electronic application process when available. Full eligibility requirements and application procedures will be included in the application instructions. Create an online application
• Watch the recording of the "2016 How to Submit a Successful Application" webinar.
• Download the webinar slides.
• Read our Tips for New Investigators
and Frequently Asked Questions About the Research Grant Application
Learn more about grants funded in this year and previous years