Advancing Pharmacy Practice Through Residency Training
Supported by an educational donation provided by Amgen, Inc., ASHP Foundation corporate sponsors, and gifts made in memory of Janet Teeters
The 2014-2015 application cycle is now closed. Please check back for information about the next program offering or sign up for the ASHP Foundation E-news for the latest information.
The overarching goal of the ASHP Foundation Pharmacy Residency Expansion Grant (PEG) program is to expand the number of ASHP-accredited PGY1, PGY2 pharmacy residency positions for the 2015-2016 training year.
Grants of $40,000 will be provided to support PGY1 and PGY2 pharmacy residency training at eligible institutions.
The following eligibility criteria apply:
1. This funding opportunity is available for PGY1 and PGY2 pharmacy residency training.
2. Grants are available for the 2015-2016 program year only.
3. Positions funded by the ASHP Foundation must be included in the Residency Match Program.
4. Funded programs will be notified in advance of the March 6, 2015, deadline for submission of rank order lists for the 2015 ASHP Residency Match Program.
5. Only new positions that do not have institutional funding or have only partial institutional funding are eligible. It is not the intent of this program to fund existing positions.
6. Funding is limited to ASHP-accredited PGY1 and PGY2 pharmacy residency programs, PGY1 and PGY2 pharmacy residency programs with ASHP Candidate Status, PGY1 and PGY2 pharmacy residency programs with ASHP Pre-Candidate Status, and PGY1 and PGY2 pharmacy residency programs with Preliminary Accreditation Status that are in the ASHP accreditation process prior to December 31, 2014. Funded positions must be included in the 2015 ASHP Residency Match Program.
7. Residency programs that have had ASHP accreditation status rescinded in the past 12 months are not eligible to apply.
8. This program is intended to support positions for which the grantee institution is committed to seeking funds to continue the program/position following completion of ASHP Foundation funding.
9. Programs must plan to interview for the position that will be funded by the Pharmacy Residency Expansion Grant program. This is imperative as funding decisions will be communicated 2 weeks before Rank Lists are due to the National Matching Services. Therefore, programs will not have adequate time to interview additional residency candidates in the time period between funding notification and the deadline for Rank List submission.
10. Programs that plan to recruit only one resident, whose position is dependent on receipt of ASHP Pharmacy Residency Expansion Grant funds, must disclose to all applicants that funding for the position is not guaranteed.
11. Not-for-profit organizations, for-profit entities, and government agencies are eligible to apply to this program. If a for-profit entity or government agency is a grant recipient, the monetary award provided by the ASHP Foundation must be received and managed by a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization. Applicant organizations must be in the United States of America to be eligible for the grant.
• Application Deadline: January 9, 2015
There are three application categories this year. Please refer to the application materials when available for the category in which you are interested.
Each year, the ASHP Foundation holds a benefit dinner to support the Pharmacy Residency Expansion Grant Program. Many generous corporations participate in this dinner. To see a list of these sponsors, click here.
If you couldn't attend the benefit dinner this year, you can still hear the wonderful accounts of pharmacy residents who have benefited from this program. Watch our YouTube videos of keynote speakers Yvonne Duong, Pharm.D., a PGY1 pharmacy resident at Rush University Medical Center in Chicago, Ill., and Kelly Fritz, Pharm.D., a PGY2 Hematology/Oncology pharmacy resident at Huntsman Cancer Institute in Salt Lake City, Utah.
• 2014 Grant Recipients
• 2013 Grant Recipients
• 2012 Grant Recipients
• 2011 Grant Recipients