Pharmacy Residency Expansion Grant (PEG) Program
Advancing Pharmacy Practice Through Residency Training
Supported by an educational donation provided by Amgen, Inc.
Application Available: October 11, 2013
Application Deadline: January 10, 2014
The overarching goal of the ASHP Foundation Pharmacy Residency Expansion Grant (PEG) program is to expand the number of hospital/health-system-based PGY1 and PGY2 pharmacy residency positions for the 2014-2015 training year.
Grants of $40,000 will be provided to support PGY1 and PGY2 pharmacy residency training at eligible institutions.
The following eligibility criteria apply:
1. This funding opportunity is available for PGY1 and PGY2 pharmacy residency training.
2. PGY2 oncology and critical care pharmacy residency programs are encouraged to apply. Up to two grants will be designated specifically for PGY2 oncology pharmacy residency programs, and two will be designated for critical care programs.
3. Grants are available for the 2014-2015 program year only.
4. Funded programs will be notified in advance of the 2014 ASHP Residency Match Program. Positions funded by the ASHP Foundation must be included in the Residency Matching Program.
5. Only new positions that do not have institutional funding or have only partial institutional funding are eligible. It is not the intent of this program to fund existing positions.
6. Funding is limited to hospital/health-system based PGY1 and PGY2 pharmacy residency programs.
7. Funding is limited to ASHP-accredited PGY1 and PGY2 pharmacy residency programs, PGY1 and PGY2 pharmacy residency programs with ASHP Candidate Status, PGY1 and PGY2 pharmacy residency programs with ASHP Pre-Candidate Status, and PGY1 and PGY2 pharmacy residency programs with Preliminary Accreditation Status that are in the ASHP accreditation process prior to December 31, 2013. Funded positions must be included in the 2014 ASHP Residency Matching Program.
8. Residency programs that have had ASHP accreditation status rescinded in the past 12 months are not eligible to apply.
9. This program is intended to support positions for which the grantee institution is committed to seeking funds to continue the program/position following completion of ASHP Foundation funding.
10. Programs must plan to interview for the position that will be funded by the Pharmacy Residency Expansion Grant program. This is imperative as funding decisions will be communicated 2 weeks before Rank Lists are due to the National Matching Services. Therefore, programs will not have adequate time to interview additional residency candidates in the time period between funding notification and the deadline for Rank List submission.
11. Not-for-profit organizations, for-profit entities, and government agencies are eligible to apply to this program. If a for-profit entity or government agency is a grant recipient, the monetary award provided by the ASHP Foundation must be received and managed by a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization. Applicant organizations must be in the United States of America to be eligible for the grant.
• Read the Application Instructions
• Complete the Application
• Applications available: October 11, 2013
• Application deadline: January 10, 2014
Each year, the ASHP Foundation holds a benefit dinner to support the Pharmacy Residency Expansion Grant Program. Many generous corporations participate in this dinner. To see a list of these sponsors, click here.
• 2013 Grant Recipients
• 2012 Grant Recipients
• 2011 Grant Recipients