ASHP Foundation Literature Awards
Sponsored by the ASHP Foundation
The 2016 application cycle is now open: Make nominations and submissions here.
Application Deadline: June 6, 2016
The ASHP Foundation Literature Awards Program annually recognizes original, significant contributions to biomedical literature by pharmacists. The 2016 Literature Awards Program will accept articles published in calendar year 2015.
The award categories are listed below:
- Award for Sustained Contributions is made to an individual who has a track record for publishing relevant articles of consistently high quality and impact in the primary peer-reviewed biomedical literature over a minimum or 20 years.
- Award for Innovation in Pharmacy Practice is for an outstanding contribution to the peer-reviewed biomedical literature that describes an innovation in pharmacy practice in hospitals or health systems.
- Drug Therapy Research Award recognizes an outstanding original research contribution to the peer-reviewed, primary, biomedical literature that addresses the therapeutic uses of medications. These can include studies of efficacy; effectiveness; safety; pharmacokinetics; pharmacogenomics; and other pharmacology, toxicology and pharmaceutical sciences research.
- Pharmacy Practice Research Award recognizes an outstanding original research article to the peer-reviewed biomedical literature related to pharmacy practice in hospitals and health systems.
- Student Research Award is awarded to a pharmacy student for a published paper that describes a completed research project related to medication use and/or pharmacy practice completed during the student’s first through fourth professional years in a college/school of pharmacy.
Timeline for the 2016 Literature Awards Program
- Accepting nominations and submissions – March 18, 2016
- Submission deadline – June 6, 2016, at 12 p.m. ET
- Awardees selected – Late August/Early September 2016
- Awardees notified – Late September 2016
- Awardees announced and honored – December 2016
Administered by the ASHP Foundation since 1971, the program is based on the concept that recognition through awards stimulates research and innovation and fosters improvement in the quality of the professional literature.