Medication Safety Scholars
Medication Safety Scholars develops pharmacy students into leaders with advanced knowledge and skills in medication safety and quality improvement. Offered in partnership with the Emily Jerry Foundation, the program's goals are to educate and develop the leadership skills of the next generation of pharmacists.
This distance impact program is structured to support up to four Doctor of Pharmacy students, paired with a pharmacist who is a recognized medication safety expert serving as the group's coach.
The program is comprised of four components:
- Participation in and completion of the ASHP/ISMP Medication Safety Certificate Program.
- Monthly group calls with participants and the virtual group coach.
- Preparation and delivery of an educational activity on medication safety by each participant.
- Participation in a group project
- Application opens: March 5, 2024
- How to Apply Webinar: March 19, 2024 at 4 p.m. ET
- Application closes: April 30, 2024
Medication Safety Toolkit
This toolkit was created by the 2022 Medication Safety Scholars cohort and supports ASHP-affiliated Student Societies of Health-System Pharmacists (SSHPs) in developing students’ skills and knowledge in medication safety. Each section in the toolkit outlines medication safety-focused initiatives and programming for pharmacy students, in addition to a video, infographics, and social media templates, also linked below.
Support the ASHP Foundation
With your meaningful contributions, we can continue to support programs that advance pharmacy practice, enhance medication safety, and improve patient outcomes. Help us move pharmacy forward by donating today.Donate