This program is now closed. Please check back for more information on our next offering.
Supported by David A. Zilz Leaders for the Future Fund and the Sara J. White Leadership Fund.
The Visiting Leaders Program sends a distinguished health-system pharmacy leader to engage with residents and preceptors as they explore emerging leadership topics. Residents will be challenged to lead, develop a career plan, and learn how to be successful in today’s complex healthcare environment. When planning for the visit, please note that it is not the intent of the program for the visiting leader to be the keynote speaker of an ancillary meeting or conference.
Due to the ongoing COVID19 pandemic, visits scheduled before December 31, 2020 will be one-day virtual-only visits. The ASHP Foundation team will continue to monitor things as they evolve and we’ll make a decision regarding virtual-only vs. in-person visits that fall in 2021 at a later date. The application asks you to provide three (3) different sets of dates for a potential visit and you can provide dates for Fall and Spring. Please keep in mind that in-person visits are two days, so the dates provided between January and May 2021 should be for 2 days just in case.
- The site must have a platform to host virtual meetings and will be responsible for coordinating (set-up, testing, navigation and troubleshooting) and hosting the visit on that platform.
- There must be a designated facilitator present during the visit to ensure a smooth flow to the session(s).
- Each site will work directly with the leader to determine the best set-up for the visit given the number of residents and preceptors involved.
The ASHP Foundation coordinates travel and expenses for the visiting leader for onsite visits. The host institution is responsible for any local expenses associated with the visit (e.g., lunch and/or dinner for residents). We encourage host institutions to invite other residents from the area to participate in a portion of the program.
- Jannet M. Carmichael, Pharm.D., FCCP, FAPhA, BCPS
- Charles E. Daniels, R.Ph., Ph.D., FASHP
- Harold N. Godwin, M.S., FASHP, FAPhA
- Marianne F. Ivey, Pharm.D., M.P.H., FASHP
- Henri R. Manasse Jr., Ph.D., Sc.D. (Hon), FFIP
- James C. McAllister III, M.S., FASHP
- Philip J. Schneider, M.S., FASHP
- Bruce E. Scott, M.S., R.Ph., FASHP
- Rita Shane, Pharm.D., FASHP, FCSHP
- Sara J. White, M.S., FASHP
- William A. Zellmer, B.S.Pharm., M.P.H.
- David A. Zilz, M.S.