Indrani Kar, PharmD, DPLA
ASHP TV caught up with recent Pharmacy Leadership Academy graduate Indrani Kar at the 2022 ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting & Exhibition, where she discussed her experience in the program. While you will want to watch the whole video to learn about everything ASHP is doing to help emerging leaders, be on the lookout at the three-minute mark for Kar’s interview!Watch Now
PLA Assignments Overview
- 7 six-week courses that run consecutively with two breaks
- Graduate level course work and similar expectations for grading purposes
- Each week of the course has graded assignments with specific deadlines and can include:
- Readings, articles, podcasts, and/or videos and review of a narrated PowerPoint
- Prompted threaded discussion with a minimum number of posts/responses required throughout the week
- Prompted reflective journal
- Group case assignment during Courses 1-6
- Pre-set groups must self-organize and work on the case assignment
- Case submission and individual participation is graded
- Required capstone project required in Course 7
- Each course has at least one live call/office hours (optional)
- Average time spent based on participant feedback is 8-10 hours per week
- Course grade must be equivalent of A or B in order to pass and all courses must be
passed to complete the PLA
Course topics are based on a set of identified skills required to be an effective pharmacy leader.
Learn how to be effective with people and how to lead yourself
Leading the Pharmacy Enterprise: Building the Business of Pharmacy
Explore and analyze the pharmacy enterprise and the key roles it plays in supporting both the clinical and business functions of the larger healthcare organization.
Leading System Reliability: Safety & Quality
Achieve high reliability in your organization through an enhancement and commitment to Safety Culture by implementing processes using a systematic approach.
Leading Effective Financial Management
Become a pharmacy leader with core financial knowledge. Learn to speak the language needed to successfully lead a health system to financial success.
Leading Transformational Change and Innovation
A conceptual model for understanding how organizations move from short-term performance improvements to sustained, organization-wide patient care improvements.
Strategic Clinical Leadership
Address the critical role of the clinical leader in assuring that the patient’s views and needs are a primary focus during decision making.
Leading for Sustained Organizational and Individual Success
Explore key concepts of organizational culture and its role in shaping change initiatives and their success.
Support the ASHP Foundation
With your meaningful contributions, we can continue to support programs that advance pharmacy practice, enhance medication safety, and improve patient outcomes. Help us move pharmacy forward by donating today.Donate