An Essential Companion for Strategic Planning
To assist in strategic planning, the Pharmacy Forecast examines developments in key areas that may be opportunities or challenges for practice leaders in the next five years. This resource reports the results of a survey of trend watchers in pharmacy, analyzes potential developments and presents actionable strategic recommendations.
The 2021 Report focuses on:
- The Certainty of Uncertainty for a Global Supply Chain
- Access to Healthcare: Positioning Healthcare Systems for Improvement
- Pharmacy Analytics and Use of Big Data
- Healthcare Financing and Delivery: Leading Through Uncertainty
- Patient Safety: New Frontiers for Pharmacists
- Scope of the Pharmacy Enterprise: From Volume to Value
- The Pharmacy Workforce: The Need to Recalibrate Supply and Demand and Leverage Prescribing, Technology, and Pharmacy Technicians to Advance the Practice of Pharmacy
Click here to view the Pharmacy Forecast 2021 Report Preview. This activity is a recording from the ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting and Exhibition session and those that claim credit for the ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting and Exhibition session should not claim credit for this activity.
Click here to view the activity announcement.
CE Credits: 0.75 hour, no partial credit.
More Pharmacy Forecast
- Pharmacy Forecast 2020
- Pharmacy Forecast 2019
- Pharmacy Forecast 2018
- Pharmacy Forecast 2017
- Pharmacy Forecast 2016-2020
- Pharmacy Forecast 2015-2019
- Pharmacy Forecast 2014-2018
“The Pharmacy Forecast is a critically important resource for both academic and pharmacy practice leaders to ensure that the profession is well positioned to contribute in meaningful ways to changes in the healthcare system."
Pharmacy Forecast Editor
About the Founding Editor
William A. Zellmer is one of pharmacy’s most distinguished leaders. For over 40 years, he has helped shape the pharmacy profession in the United States and abroad. He authored The Conscience of a Pharmacist in 2002 and received the ASHP Harvey A. K. Whitney Award in 1996. Mr. Zellmer continues to serve in a consultative role for the Pharmacy Forecast.The Pharmacy Forecast was supported by a grant from Omnicell, Inc., to the ASHP Foundation's David A. Zilz Leaders for the Future Fund.
Support the ASHP Foundation
With your meaningful contributions, we can continue to support programs that advance pharmacy practice, enhance medication safety, and improve patient outcomes. Help us move pharmacy forward by donating today.Donate