The ASHP Midyear Travel Award Program is a competitive award program designed to enhance the pharmacy workforce's diversity and inclusivity for those seeking post-graduate training, residency, or fellowships. Recipients of this travel award can enhance their pharmacy education by receiving partial support to attend the 2023 ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting & Exhibition.
The inaugural cycle provided stipends of $500 to 50 current PharmD candidates expected to graduate from pharmacy school in Spring 2024.
The ASHP Midyear Travel Awards Program is offered by the ASHP Foundation in partnership with #PharmGradWishlist and supported in part by a contribution from Marvin Samson.
In alignment with the goal of improving the diversity of the workforce, application elements include:
- Self-identification with racially and/or ethnically minoritized group(s)
- Financial need
- Caregiving responsibilities and financial support of others
- Extracurricular activities: leadership, community service, and work
- Post-graduate training and career plans
Each selected awardee will receive the following:
- Full-meeting registration for the 2023 ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting and Exhibition in Anaheim, CA, Dec 3 – 7, 2023
- A stipend of $500 to support travel expenses
- 1-year ASHP student membership
- Recognition via electronic communications through ASHP official channels and during the ASHP Foundation Donor event at Midyear
Donate to the ASHP Midyear Travel Award Fund
Donate to the Travel Award Fund by selecting ASHP Midyear Travel Award Fund from the dropdown menu on the donation page.
- Current PharmD candidates enrolled in their final professional year at an ACPE-accredited Pharmacy School based in the United States and territories
- Expected graduation from pharmacy school in Spring 2024
- Application Opens: Sept. 5, 2023
- Application closes: Oct. 2, 2023
- ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting & Exhibition: Dec. 3 – 7
- NOTE: Selected awardees will be notified after the early-bird registration deadline. If you plan to attend the ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting and Exhibition, please register by the early-bird date. If you are selected as an awardee, ASHP will process a refund for your out-of-pocket meeting registration.