The Visiting Leaders Program sends a distinguished health-system pharmacy leader to engage with residents and preceptors during a two-day visit as they explore emerging leadership topics. The program challenges residents to lead, develop a career plan, and learn how to be successful in today’s complex healthcare environment. However, it is not the intent of the program to provide a keynote or be an add-on to a preexisting meeting.
A limited number of visits will be accommodated; therefore, we encourage small residency programs to explore inviting other programs in the area to join the visit. The Sample Agenda and Host Guides provide examples and additional planning information.
Visits are typically two days. The ASHP Foundation coordinates travel and expenses for the visiting leader for onsite visits. The host institution is responsible for any local expenses associated with the visit (e.g., lunch and/or dinner for residents).
The deadline to request a visit is July 31, 2023.
The Visiting Leaders Program is supported by David A. Zilz Leaders for the Future Fund and the Sara J. White Leadership Fund.
- Jannet M. Carmichael, PharmD, FCCP, FAPhA, BCPS
- Julie A. Groppi, PharmD, FASHP
- Marianne F. Ivey, PharmD, MPH, FASHP
- Lynnae Mahaney, BSPharm, MBA, FASHP
- Janet L. Mighty, BS, MBA
- Philip J. Schneider, MS, FASHP
- Bruce E. Scott, MS, RPh, FASHP
- Rita Shane, PharmD, FASHP, FCSHP
- Janet A. Silvester, PharmD, MBA, FASHP
- Sara J. White, MS, FASHP
- William A. Zellmer, BSPharm, MPH
- David A. Zilz, MS
- Application opens: June 30, 2023
- Application closes: July 31, 2023