The Student Philanthropic Society recognizes a donation of any amount on an annual basis. As students are preparing for careers in pharmacy as the profession’s future leaders and patient care providers, we want to recognize your meaningful support of the ASHP Foundation’s programs and initiatives.
When you donate to the ASHP Foundation, you set yourself apart in a competitive environment as someone who is committed to advancing the pharmacy profession. Being a donor to the ASHP Foundation is an investment in yourself and your career as a pharmacist. The ASHP Foundation is 100% donor supported and provides multiple opportunities throughout your career that will help you excel professionally. Here are some of the ways the ASHP Foundation supports students in their careers:
- Recognizing students with an interest in health-system pharmacy practice who have demonstrated leadership ability by funding up to 12 Student Leadership Awards every year of $2,000 each through ASHP
- Providing pharmacy students with the opportunity to enhance their skills in collaborative practice with physicians in providing direct patient care by supporting the Clinical Skills Competition each year for the past 10 years through ASHP.
- Strengthening our ongoing mission to improve medication safety by creating the Medication Safety Scholars Program, a distance impact program to engage future pharmacists by enhancing their knowledge and skills in medication safety. The first five grants were awarded in 2021 to Pharm.D. students.
You can learn more about the impact of donations in the current ASHP Foundation’s Impact Report.
In recognition of their generous support, Student Philanthropic Society donors receive a number of exclusive benefits. Benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Multiple recognitions, including a Student Philanthropic Society ribbon for your badge at ASHP national meetings and your name listed as a Student Philanthropic Society donor on the ASHP Foundation website
- Invitation to Donor Appreciation Receptions at ASHP national meetings
- One entry into a lottery for special seating at Opening General Session of the ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting
- Exclusive thank you letter from a pharmacy leader in recognition of your support
- Special gift
The Difference You Make
Read our latest Impact Report to learn more about the tremendous impact your gifts have on our efforts to support ASHP to improve health outcomes.