Our Mission and Vision
Advancing Medication Safety
As the philanthropic arm of ASHP, the Foundation shares ASHP’s vision that medication use will be optimal, safe, and effective for all people all of the time.
Support ASHP by advancing the professional practice of pharmacists and the pharmacy workforce by funding research and education that improves health outcomes through optimal, safe and effective medication use.
Our Guiding Principles
- The Foundation endeavors to be forward thinking and focused on change, innovation and outcomes.
- The Foundation furthers ASHP’s priorities through high-impact philanthropic activities that advance pharmacy practice.
- The Foundation embraces the need for public awareness of the role and value of pharmacists and the pharmacy workforce.
- The Foundation is committed to thoughtful and careful stewardship of donor resources.
Our Strategic Priorities
- Innovative research: Support health services research that fosters innovation in pharmacy practice, which promotes the optimal, safe and effective use of medications.
- Excellence in pharmacy practice & leadership development: Recognize and promote efforts that foster excellence and growth of health-system pharmacy.
Building awareness of the role of health-system pharmacy practitioners in healthcare: Support efforts to promote the role and value of pharmacists and the pharmacy workforce as essential patient care providers and leaders in health care practice.
Financially high performing organization: Ensure the long-term financial sustainability of the Foundation through philanthropic excellence in order to carry out our mission.
People and performance: Maximize the Foundation’s efficiency, the impact of our work, and advance our culture by supporting and inspiring a highly qualified and diverse staff, board and volunteers.
The Latest From the FoundationPress Releases
Support the ASHP Foundation
With your meaningful contributions, we can continue to support programs that advance pharmacy practice, enhance medication safety, and improve patient outcomes. Help us move pharmacy forward by donating today.Donate